Thursday, January 28, 2010

My assignment

Method 1 - My assignment is to answer the following:


1.What are your thoughts regarding Web 2.0 and Library 2.0?
2.What do the terms mean to you? To your library? Or libraries in general?



1.My honest thoughts are Web2.0 and Library 2.0 means we must all give up much privacy and time to be connected in a real sense to people we do not know and never will know. This is powerful, full of opportunities. It can be fun and can also be just more work.  I fear for those who do not purchase the necessary tools to stay connected and to share in this technology. I also fear for all of us who do.
2. For libraries, I believe this technology is imperative to level the playing field for all ( at least those who have access to a free library)  All library staff must stay updated on the ever expanding technology and tools our society is using to communicate... I still enjoy mailing lists groups as a way to communicate within a group.... I am an old fogey!

No comments:

Post a Comment